Thursday, December 5, 2013

Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)


Duties and Responsibilities: A Licensed Practical Nurse works with and under the directions of registered nurses and physicians. Some of the people the assist are people who are injured, handicap, and sick patients. Some of the duties that they are required to do is take blood pressures, taking temperature, and pulses. They also give injections, change dressings, and help the patients take baths. Licensed Practical Nurses care for patients who are in hospitals, nursing homes, and extended care facilities. They could work in private homes.


Salary: $16,000 - $23,000

Education: It is not required for a person who does not have a high school diploma to become a Licensed Practical Nurse, but it is encouraged. LPNs do not cover the professional education that is required for a registered nurse. They have training programs which are offered in hospitals, vocational schools, junior colleges and private schools.


Reflection: I don’t think I would like to become a LPN because I don’t like taking care of people and I don’t think I would have patient with people. I would be too scared of messing up on people and losing my job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment